Lost Title

If the title is lost for the mobile home, you will need to contact the law enforcement division serving your residence to request a VIN check. The officer will complete a form indicating the VIN number on the mobile home so the Bureau of Motor Vehicles can track the mobile home ownership in their records.

You will need to apply for a duplicate or replacement title at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

You will need a Mobile Home Permit showing the taxes have been paid on the mobile home.

With the location of the mobile home, the Treasurer's Office will be able to identify the last owner assessed for the mobile home. All property tax must be paid to obtain the permit including property taxes assessed to previous owners.

For more information, please visit the Indiana BMV website.